Today we want to share with you our secret recipe for the raw brownies we sell at Orion Healing Cafe. It feels so good to be able to enjoy the sweet taste of dessert without feeling guilty. Raw desserts are actually good for you, as well as being so delicious. We only use raw cacao and look for the best quality of nuts for all of our recipes. Only use natural and raw sweeteners such as raw coconut blossom sugar or agave syrup.
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cup almonds
- 1 ½ cup pecans
- ¾ cup date paste (a handful of dates, soaked in ½ cup of water for a couple of hours, then blender with the water)
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- Roughly crush the nuts in the food processor, and then transfer them in a big bowl.
- Roughly cut the pitted dated with a knife, or you could use the food processor again. Add them to the nuts.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands, until it is like a paste.
- Poor everything in a square cake pan (about 8 inches) and press enough to make it even.
Then, prepare the icing. You will need:
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbs water
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup raw agave nectar
Mix all the ingredients until smooth and pour it on the brownies. Refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting into it. You can also freeze it and take it out one piece at a time. You can keep it in the freezer for 4 months. In the refrigerator, it will last 2 weeks.